Whether you were a teenager in the fifties, or you simply wish you had been, top class vintage style singer Lisa Martin will give you the chance to re-live an era that is constantly re-created with much love and nostalgia, from classic films such as Grease, to popular TV shows like Happy Days.
With songs from Connie Francis, Doris Day, Elvis Presley, Brenda Lee and many more, this show will have you jiving the night away!
‘At the Hop’ 1950s tribute show can be combined with any of Lisa Martin’s other shows for a complete night of entertainment – for instance a typical night could include an early evening retro-style cabaret show, and a 1950s party set later on in the night, with some 1960s classics thrown in for good measure!
If you wish to cater for all tastes in music that’s no problem – Lisa can also include a set of modern pop music for the younger members of the audience – or simply for those who are young at heart.
Themed background music is also provided during breaks to set the mood.
CLICK HERE to watch a video of Lisa performing 1950s songs.
If you’re after more of a laid-back smooth and stylish retro feel to your 1950s night, be sure to check out Lisa Martin’s 1950s Swing Cabaret show ‘Lady of Swing’.
1950s tribute show set list includes:
- Lipstick on your collar – Connie Francis
- Rock around the clock – Bill Haley and the Comets
- Stupid cupid – Connie Francis
- At the hop – Danny and the Juniors
- Sweet nothins – Brenda Lee
- Que sera sera – Doris Day
- Side by side – Kay Starr
- Runaround Sue – Dion
- The Locomotion – Little Eva
- The shoop shoop song – Betty Everett / Cher
- Tears on my pillow – Grease / Kylie Minogue
- Da doo ron ron – The Crystals
- Be my baby – The Ronettes / Dirty Dancing
- Secret Love – Doris Day
- These boots were made for walkin – Nancy Sinatra
- Walkin back to happiness – Helen Shapiro
- When – The Kalin Twins
- Softly softly – Ruby Murray
- Twistin the night away – Sam Cooke